Wednesday, March 14, 2007

the opposing thumb

earlier this morning i was finely chopping onions for a new meatloaf recipe (that rocks, btw).. the onions i bought were not individually selected - they came in a bag (it was cheaper) and so i didn't get to choose exactly what i bought. which left me with onions that are super... well, onioney.. the juices were making me tear profusely, and i cut deeply into my thumb...

my thumb bled for a bit, and eventually stopped. i can't believe how handicapped i have been for the rest of this afternoon..

things that are hard to do when your thumb is out of commission:
  • play tetris. rey pointed this out to me when he was trying to convince me to go to urgent care... (i had neither time nor money (my 5 k deductible is a joke...)) i still think i could kick his ass sans BOTH thumbs... tetris MASTER is one of my few boasts...
  • pick things up with my left hand. yeah. it hurts.
  • wash your hair (or anybody else's for that matter) . the hair gets kinda caught in the cut. it feels weird.
  • chop onions.. of course...

stoopidest thing i've heard today (so far):

i'm at the kids' school for pickups. school had already gotten out and i was running late (thank you mr. ass munch director for intentionally keeping us late..). i'm pulling into the school parking lot, and pass 2 teachers talking about their cars. i overhear the woman say, (you ready??)

"well, mines' is just like that, but a little darker... it's more blue..."

wow. i ain't hip to words like, "mines'". yeah. mine-ses..

i need to find out her name so that she don't get nones' of my kids' and teach thems bad grammar..

i know my writing is spewing spelling errors, grammatical mistakes, but i really think elementary teachers should be able to speak proper english.. i also think teachers (or parents for that matter) shouldn't use any sort of profanity (as my 7th grader's teachers do..) around kids.

sigh... maybe i'm just old fashioned...

now playing:

"hang me out to dry" artist: cold war kids album: Robbers & Cowards

8 comments:

HotFudge said...

Screg and I had a discussion about meatloaf about a week ago. I asked him, what was his favorite topping on meatloaf: Ketchup, Brown Gravy, Tomato Sauce or Bar B Q Sauce? I personally like them all, but his favorite was Ketchup. What's your favorite topping on meatloaf?

Mulysa said...

oh, gee. never really gave that much thought.

definitely not bar b q.

i'd rather have ketchup instead of tomato sauce.

however, i'm also a fan of gravy.

i think it's a tie between the ketchup and the gravy. the topping on my new meatloaf is ketchup mixed with some cider vinegar and brown suger. it's pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Definately NOT BBQ? It's sooooo good! My mom always made meatloaf with steamed rice instead of bread crumbs and she added a packet of onion soup mix and A1 sauce. With the onion flavor, the bbq was a great complementary flavor.

mikshir said...

best topping for all beef == garlic mashed potatoes. gravy nice too :)

caninecologne said...

i dont' eat meat loaf.

Thor said...

Hey Mulysa,

I think Ketchup with cider vinegar and brown sugar has a name...

I think its BBQ

Mulysa said...

TOUCHE' thor!

ScregMan said...

Whatever happened to Saturday night
When you dressed up sharp and you felt alright?
It don't seem the same since cosmic light
Came into my life, I thought I was divine...

I used to go for a ride with a chick who'd go
And listen to the music on the radio
A saxophone was blowin' on a rock & roll show.
You climbed in the back seat, you really had a good time.

Hot patootie, bless my soul, I really love that rock 'n' roll.

My head used to swim from the perfume I smelled
My hands kind of fumbled with her white plastic belt
I'd taste her baby pink lipstick and that's when I'd melt
She'd whisper in my ear tonight she really was mine

Get back in front, put some hair oil on
Buddy Holly was singing his very last song.
With your arms around your girl you'd try to sing along.
It felt pretty good, oh, you really had a good time.

Hot patootie, bless my soul, I really love that rock 'n' roll.